Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ode to a Beautiful Day

So many times we just go and go. We forget to take the time to stop, look around, and smile. I have a keypad at my fingertips that communicates to the world the many stories, ideas, and pictures I have swirling around in my soul. That makes me smile. I often have trouble communicating what is going on in my soul at any given moment. It is as if I have an entire symphony playing in my heart, and all that comes out on paper is a piano, alone, playing a simple melody. Sometimes that can be just as sweet. This is what I see in this very moment: I am swimming, in my clothes, floating rather. I am in a pond somewhere, but nowhere, really. I am allowing myself to take in the whole view of the sky, which is a deep blue, with puffy white clouds. My arms move easily through the cool water, as I float deeper into the watercolor sky. That is enough for today. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment