Search This Blog

Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Raw Deal

I just typed an entire letter that I had written to God a few days ago...but I decided to delete it. Some things are best left between Him and me, you know? There are a million things I would love to write about right now. I love the song "Lucy in the Sky (with Diamonds)" I think I could use a midnight snack. I just watched a James Dean movie, and fell in love with him... Today I had to stop and take a moment just to stare in wonder at the snow piled above my knees on either side of the sidewalk, and suddenly I found myself wishing I had one of those snowsuits that cover your whole body. For some reason, when I was young, I can remember my shoes always being wet...no matter what time of year it was..."squish, shquiche" Hm. I could write my thoughts...but God knows every one...I'll let them swish around a bit more in my head...and then maybe I'll make a jell-o mold out what's left and throw it as high as I can in the air, and let it rain down like slime the next time someone says "I don't know". I have been secretly stealing hours in the night to read Goldie Hawn's autobiography. I finished it with dried tears on my cheeks, and a renewed strength and confidence in the spirit that grows wild within me. Reading used to unlock something within me when I was a child...something secret and ancient, as if the story had already lived somewhere within me, and needed a special key to unlock the old room in my heart that contained it, allowing me to live more freely with each turn of the page. I think I will secretly continue to steal hours in the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment