Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

Present-tense Inclination

Just write.
If you begin to type, it's amazing how the words begin to pour out...
or maybe not...maybe not this time...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I want someone to play with my hair
.
.
.
intertwine their fingers in mine
when they know I'm feeling insecure
.
just before I make my grand entrance
or perhaps 
.
just because
.
.
.
I want to talk about the shapes in the clouds
and straighten his tie
.
.
.
I want to sit on a bench in the garden
and read
.
pausing for a moment
to watch him mow the lawn
.
.
I want to feel safe
and loved
and..
.
.
I want old hands
and a young heart
.
.
.
.
I want to respectfully decline an offer to dance
with a handsome stranger
.
.
because my heart is no longer my own
.
.
.
I want to close my eyes
.
and breathe
.
and wish again tomorrow...for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment