Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

So much to do to.......

So little time!! Don't get me wrong...I love everything I'm doing (well, except work, but I love what I get because I work, and that's money to pay the bills!) A lot has happened since I wrote last. Have you ever thought of doing something so much that you actually thought you did it? That's what happened with this journal. I could've swore that I have written in it a few times in the last couple weeks, but I haven't!! That's so crazy. Anyway, I got a job at McDonald's....that's crazy. I have a whole new respect for people that work in the fast food business. People that come up to the counter, more often than not, assume that you must be an idiot because you work in fast food. I am also training right now...so i am giving them good reason to assume i'm an idiot! oh well, i just smile at them and spit on their burger...KIDDING! You get all kinds of walks of life going through the restaurant daily. It is a different breed of person than at any restaurant I have ever worked at.....'cuz you get some of the lower class families, which makes me sad sometimes, and tons of senior citizens (who you know have a mattress full of cash at home, but are the first to holler if you don't give them the senior price for coffee :) The McDonald's I work at is right off of I-75, so we get a lot of travelers and constructions workers, an occasional bus or two, college students and hunters. This job should prove to be highly resourceful for my stand-up routine. Unfortunately, I do get a free meal every time I work, and I work there almost every day!! I say unfortunately, because I have managed to gain five pounds in one week! I figure I'll start worrying about it when my clothes don't fit and I go into congestive heart failure....just kidding, i'm getting back in the gym tomorrow;) My birthday is tomorrow!! I can't believe it...I keep forgetting. It should be a good day:( I have class from 8-3 and I work at McD's from 4 to midnight....BLAH!! I am trying to get Saturday Night off at Fritz' (that's the restaurant I work at) so I can go out with a bunch of friends. I am getting the Saginaw gang together, hopefully, cuz it's Brian's birthday, too....and i think i'm going to try and get the theatre group to meet us wherever we go...plus, it's the SVSU vs. GVSU football game that day, so, HOPEFULLY, i can get some of the monkeys from GR to come out with us...that would be perfect!!!! I don't know, though, they always go to Dude's in Pinconning, so we'll see. It will be a good time regardless!! I love hanging out with my friends, and I don't get a chance to much anymore! I'M GOING TO BE 25!!!! YIKES! I got a part in a play!! I decided, like, two o'clock that morning to audition and i got a part!! I am having a lot of fun with it so far...it's a pretty rockin' cast! It doesn't leave me with a lot of extra time, but i am glad that i'm involved. It should be a good show, kinda disturbing, but good. The show is going to be Nov. 12th weekend, and the one after that! That's really soon, but we already have the first act blocked!! Unfortunately, that does mean that i will have to miss the big GV game in Ann Arbor....ALL of my friends are going to that!! BUMMER. I am trying to work really hard right now, because the whole week of dress rehearsal, i will not be able to work at all....yikes. Classes are still rockin'. I'm trying to keep up, but it's proving to be harder and harder as time goes by. I wish i could put a ton more time into them, but I am gaining some knowledge of stage design, music, speech and characterization. I would LOVE to go back and be Annie Oakley again, with all this new stuff I have learned....that would be so much fun!! I have found myself getting into a lot of political discussions with very random people recently.....but it has been very beneficial. I love hearing what others think about things...as long as they aren't shouting at me:) I usually tell people I am still undecided, but I think that Bush has got my vote. Unless, by some miracle, John Edwards ends up on the top of the ticket, or Ralph Nader offers some realistic approach to accomplish some of his far-fetched ideals :) it looks like you can put a notch in Bush's corner for me. Would he be my first choice? no, but since it doesn't look like Hillary Clinton will be running, I guess I'll stick with the Republicans this time around. I can't wait until 2032.....when i'll finally get to check the box next to my own name....... I better get going! So much to do.....so little time! God is so good to me!! PEACE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment