Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Empty Stage

It's funny, the way your mind wanders when there's nobody around to interrupt the thought process. It's almost scary sometimes to think how far your mind can take you before you realize that you have lost yourself, for a moment, in a world that only exists because some stimuli triggered your thought process. You bring yourself slowly back to the reality that is in front of you, and hope no one could guess what you were thinking by the expression on your face. Or sometimes, when there's nothing, and after a while you force yourself to think of something to remind yourself that you are still capable of thought, and that you are not lost in the nothing that is in your head. The most intriguing, though, is the moment where everything clicks. You've been racking your brain about something, anything really, and it all comes together, and suddenly, you have a plan. Huh. It seems those moments of clarity can't last too long, though. It's nice and all, but I think I feel better when I'm processing things. It reminds me that there's always room to grow. In those moments, however, I can also sit back and appreciate how far I've come. Hm. I've learned a lot in the quiet moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment