Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Just did a quick read through of my friends who I am following here on blogger.  It's amazing, really.  I am following a man who is in seminary to become a priest, a soldier in Afghanistan, a woman in the Peace Corps in Africa, a writer (and a very good one at that), a girl doing missionary work in Haiti, a friend who is raising triplets, another friend who adopted a child from Ethiopia, and two high school girls who recently were recognized in a top fashion magazine as "best fashion blog".  Kinda makes you start to wonder, what the heck am I doing here, sitting on my hands, while everyone else seems to be doing some extraordinary things?

I have the will and drive to serve.  I always thought it would be in some distant place, perhaps a third world country.  Why is it I feel I am being called to serve in my own backyard?  They say, 'Don't stay until God tells you to go, go until God tells you to stay'.  Well, this might be the place.  I just wish I knew what He wanted me to do.  I have all this energy and passion to just freely give.  Maybe that's what you do, you just start giving with what you have, right now.

Okay.  It really is that simple, isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment