Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Run, Run, Run, Stop. Run, Run.....

It seems my life these days is either completely hectic, or completely at a stand still. My day starts tomorrow at 6am, like usual, and then I don't stop moving until I get home around 10 or 11 on Sunday night. Monday, on the other hand, will be a 10 hour day, as usual, with the two hour break in there (when I usually totally crash), and time will craaaaaawl. I am meeting an old friend for lunch tomorrow. She's a camp friend, so I'm excited, of course. It always strikes my heart in the best way possible to see camp friends. After work, I have to drive to Saginaw and attempt to pack up my belongings that remain in my old apartment in one night. I will rent a van/truck on Saturday, load it up, and pick up my mom on the way to Cass City to drop everything off. My aunt has been kind enough to lend me part of her garage. I just have to drive to Cass City to utilize it. Hey, it will save money on a storage shed somewhere. Who knows how long this stuff will need to be stored, right? It might be three months. It might be three years. I will drive back and spend what's left of the evening with my mother. On Sunday, after I take back the moving van, I hope to make a surprise appearance at a baby shower. It would be nice to see all the lovely ladies who will most likely be in attendance. When I get back to Detroit, there is an awesome event at 1515 Broadway downtown. I want to make it to this event. It is a one night only screening of what looks to be a great movie. A PBS-endorsed film, “A Good Man“ follows acclaimed director/choreographer Bill T. Jones (Last Supper at Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Still/Here, FELA!) as he and his company create their most ambitious work, an original dance-theater piece in honor of Abraham Lincoln’s Bicentennial. Many people from the project are going to be there for a talk back, and the event is to help raise money to keep 1515 open. Events like this are the reason I moved here in the first place. I need to actually start attending these things downtown. I love downtown! Anyway....a long weekend ahead... 

...followed by a very looooong week.....not because there's so much going on, but because time just craaaaawls during the daytime throughout the week. What a long, boring week (and I only worked two days!) Thank goodness for nights like this one, where I get a chance to teach again, helping a senior workshop through some monologues and songs for auditions. I hope I always have the chance to teach, in whatever capacity. It might be the only thing driving me right now. I have so much to write....random posts I never actually posted, and long drawn out thoughts on all the craziness (or lack of craziness) that is my life right now. I think it's safe to say I have way too much time to think during each day. It will all have to wait....5:30am comes so fast. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment