Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Journey to the Past...Accidentally

I've been meaning to post another blog for some time. Every time I would log on, I suddenly became very tired, and wanted to take a nap instead. I never really got to take the nap, but I never ended up posting anything, either. That's kind of funny. I'm at the church catching up on Internet stuff before I get to work. Whenever I come in, I always get on the computer and catch up on e-mail, make sure I'm still in first place for fantasy football, check up on some folks on facebook, and then "punch in", so to speak, and get to work. Today I'm feeling a bit mixed about being here. I just saw an old picture from Alabama (DII National Championship Football Game) and suddenly I want to be there more than anything. That is just truly a very happy moment for me. I love hanging out at a football game, eating a hotdog and drinking a pepsi, and listening to some loud, crazy music, and then screaming at the top of my lungs as I watch my team stomp their way to victory. I might have to slip over to my sister's place and watch part of the game, and then come back and get back to work. I think the game starts in, like, five minutes. My uncle lives in Colorado and gets season tickets for the Broncos every year. He invited me to go out there and go to a game with him sometime. That would be sweeeeet! Unfortunately, getting out there is kinda tough. I would love to go see my family again. I didn't realize my uncle and I had so much in common. I would love to see my grandma again, too. I enjoy spending time with her. She's a great lady, but life has been a little rough on her at times. I really need to try and keep in better touch with people. I think about so many people all the time, but never really do anything about it. I meet new people everywhere I go, and they are always so great. I pray for them, and wish them the best, but that's about it. I'm just not one to stay in touch. I would really love to see all the Youth For Christ people I met out there, and hang out with them a bit, as well. I would definitely drive up to the mountains and hike up to my grandpa's grave. My dad had a cabin up in Beaver Lake that he built with my grandpa. My dad lived there for a while, and was completely snowed in at one point. That's awesome...what an adventure! We used to go up there when I was a kid. My dad had a special "Beaver Lake" tape he would play...I still think of it when I hear those songs. When I went back there ten years ago, I asked my dad to take me up there. He told me that he had sold the cabin, but I wanted to go up to Beaver Lake anyway. When we got there, the cabin had been torn down. My heart was broken. I would give anything to have that cabin back. My heart still aches just thinking about it. I remember the way to where my grandfather is buried. It's a pretty long hike. My dad had a huge walking stick and he would lead the way. We would walk on the trail until we got to the end, then follow the pipe that leads to the stream. We would walk up a hill that was almost straight up and down. You would begin to see a change in the trees and know you were close. The lilly pond would come into view, and you knew you had arrived. We would always find the three pine trees that were planted together right over where my grandpa's ashes were buried. It seems like a dream, thinking about it now. What I wouldn't give to be there again. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment