Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Runnin' on Fumes....

You know, I am so blessed. I am sitting here at the church; I've been here since 8 this morning, and left here at 7 last night. I will be here until 7 tonight, and coming back at 7 tomorrow morning, only to be here until 7 tomorrow night. Now you're probably saying, why are you blessed? First, I have a job. Second, I love my job. Third, well, God is God, and He loves me no matter what. I just got done rehearsing for the Christmas Program with a couple girls that will be unable to make it to the actual scheduled rehearsal tonight. The program is tomorrow...God willing, we will be ready, well, we won't be ready...but we're going to do it anyway. :) I just had to take a break a minute because the Bell Choir Director came in; she has a piano recital in between all my rehearsals today. We had to figure out how to have the bell tables on the stage and give her time to practice in the morning, and how to move them so we can also have the program, and have a little time to practice in the morning. I don't know how we all got scheduled to perform on the same day, but we are both willing to work together so nobody is left in the dust. I am blessed to work with such great people. We haven't ran through the whole program yet. We actually will never run through the whole thing with everyone together until we perform tomorrow. There are some scenes and some songs we have not ran through at all. You would think that would make me nervous, but it just makes me laugh. It wouldn't be a church Christmas Program unless some of the cardboard flats fall down, one kid refuses to sing or move or anything, and two kids start fighting on stage. I think I would be disappointed if those things didn't happen:) My stomach is in knots, but I think it's because of the pot of coffee I drank this morning. I'm taking a fifteen minute break right now, to type this blog, and just chill out for a second...remembering what this is really all about. The show will go on no matter what. The day will come to an end with my crazy youth group kids laughing with me cuz I'm really hyper from lack of sleep and too much sugar. I will go home on Sunday night, and finally be able to lay in my bed knowing that God was glorified in all of it. God has been with me through this entire process, and I just keep laughing at everything, sometimes the laughter brings tears and I'm not sure if I'm laughing or crying, so I get caught somewhere in between. I know I will be able to look back on all of this and smile, so I figured I might as well start smiling now. My body is kind of shutting down slowly, but I think I'll be able to hold out through tomorrow. I better go, I need to go upstairs and finish painting the nativity background...I have no idea what I'm doing, I can't even draw...but I think everyone assumes the kids painted it, which they did...most of it. Unfortunately, sometimes it's more work for me to have the kids do it, so I just drew the outline and assigned each of them a different color and let them go to town. The upstairs room is a mess, but I know they had a good time. We didn't finish, so I just have to do that darn stable. I think we ran out of brown paint, I'll just mix a bunch together...that should be a fun adventure. Oh yeah, I have to sew the wings on the angel costumes, too. I know, I can't sew either, but they only have to last through the program tomorrow. I'm sure I'll find a way...I'll probably end up stapling them...that would be hilarious. I hope you don't take any of this as complaining. I feel that happy/stressed/exhausted feeling right now...like you feel after you just played a hard game of basketball or something. You know you gave your all, and you're tired but really pumped up because you won. That's how I feel. I need to go grab another cup of coffee...and start painting...to God be the glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment